The Fifth Maine Regiment Memorial Hall was built in 1888 as the "Headquarters" of the Fifth Regiment Maine Volunteer Infantry 1861-1864. For nearly sixty years the veterans and their families summered here, enjoying the cooling ocean breezes and magnificent view from the verandah of their beloved cottage. Under the stewardship of an elected board of directors, the Hall is maintained as a Civil War and local history museum and a cultural center for our island community.
The museum is closed for the season beginning October 9, 2018. We will reopen on May 25, 2019